WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business), the largest business university in the European Union, is located at the heart of Europe. The university maintains an excellent position as a center for research and teaching and attracts an international group of students and faculty. The Institute for Information Management and Control is currently inviting applications for a
Teaching and Research Assistant Position (m/w)
10 hours/week or 20 hours/week
The successful candidate will be
- supporting operative tasks at the Institute
- assisting current research projects in the area of Information Management and Control (e.g., helping with literature reviews, data collection, interview transcriptions, data preparation, and editing research papers)
- and cultivating practice and alumni contacts.
The candidates must
- be pursuing an ongoing university degree in Vienna (master level or an equivalent) in Information systems, business administration, informatics/computer science, mathematics, psychology, sociology, or related disciplines with at least 2 terms until graduation
- have a demonstrated interest in supporting the above research areas and activities
- have achieved very good university grades
- be highly proficient in spoken and written English
- possess very good communication skills
- be effective in independently organizing and structuring tasks
- possess a strong analytical mind
- have strong MS Office user skills with an emphasis on Excel
- have experience in working with statistical software (e.g. SPSS, R).
Gross monthly salary, paid 14 times per year: EUR 480.38 (10 hours/week) or EUR 960.75 (20 hours/week). This position will be temporary limited to a period of 2 years, starting on March 1st, 2017 (commencement date subject to change).
Qualified candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this part-time position.
Application materials can be submitted online until February 1st, 2017 at the following Web address: http://www.wu.ac.at/jobs/ (Reference Number 3254).
We are looking forward to your application!